Sue Devitt Silky Eyeshadow in Lonely Splendor: a Possible Dupe of MAC Satin Taupe?

Hi everyone,

Many moons ago when I started using Twitter, I won an eyeshadow from Sue Devitt called "Lonely Splendor." It was a nice surprise as I've been a fan of Ms. Devitt's work and her contribution to makeup artistry. Upon receiving it, I realized Lonely Splendor has a familiar vibe. I knew I've seen something similar to it before but it took me a while to realize Lonely Splendor is a close cousin to MAC Satin Taupe!

The packaging is sleek and cheerful.
The compact is really slim and made of metal
Sue Devitt Silky Eyeshadow in Lonely Splendor ($18)
It has a mirror, too!
 Wanna know what I think about it? Jump!

Another shot of the compact. It's sleek and you have 2 grams of product.
A close-up at Lonely Splendor
The pan is huge!
Skin swatch without flash
I've heard so many nice things about MAC Satin Taupe but for some reasons, taupes never have an appeal to me. They make my skin look dead and haggard. However, I would love to get my hands on some golden brown eye shadows in any given day.

Since this is my first opportunity to try out a Sue Devitt eyeshadow, I was very excited. The sleek and sturdy compact houses one of the silkiest eye shadows I have ever tried. The name said it all: the texture feels like silk and glides effortlessly on my skin. As it is not a dark color, Lonely Splendor is perfect as a complementary shade to the smokey eyes look. Since it is a rich taupe that has a touch of lavender, it also fares well with other pink, brown, and purple shades. The only thing is, Lonley Splendor tends to make your eye makeup cooler. Therefore, it is more suitable for people with warm skin tone.

Pigmentation-wise, this eyeshadow has a moderate level of intensity. With its silky texture, it is easier to blend than MAC eye shadows. You are not afraid to over-apply it.

Is it a possible dupe of MAC Satin Taupe? I believe so. Cost per gram of product is actually cheaper in Lonely Splendor, too ($9 USD/gram vs. $11.5 USD/gram in Satin Taupe.) Moreover, Sue Devitt Beauty is available at Sephora.

Although I like Lonely Splendor, this color is not for me. However, for those who are looking for an alternative of MAC Satin Taupe, this is for you. I know how fast you can hit the pan if you are a Satin Taupe lover. With Lonely Splendor, you get more products at cheaper cost per gram, too.

So, what do you think? Are you a Satin Taupe fan?

Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!