Low Blood Sugar, P90X, and Opportunities

Hi everyone,



Today was supposed to be nail day but seriously, it has been a crazy, crazy day. From the moment I woke up, I had a conference call. It happened even before I had a chance to eat. Then, I started packing for a meeting later in the day. It was one thing after another and another. By the time I got home, I was so tired that I decided to take a nap instead of eating. Crazy, yah?

However, it wasn't even that bad, compared to yesterday. I did my stuff before doing P90X. About 15 minutes into it, I had a feeling that I was going to crash. So I wrapped it up as quickly as I could before going downstairs to find something to eat. Now, this had never happened to me. Low blood sugar? Nah. Usually, it's the opposite but for some reasons, I had low blood sugar while doing P90X. Which only means one thing: I was hungry before exercising and it was not good for me.

Last but not least, if you follow my Twitter, you already know that I am a contributor to a couple of prestigious beauty and fashion magazines in the city (and even in the whole country, for God's sake!) At the beginning of the year, I applied for an editor position in a prestigious magazine. I'm not going to tell you which one but name the two most famous beauty and fashion magazines in the world and I applied to one of them. I waited and waited for a month and nothing happened. Then, out of the blues, I was asked for an interview. It went well and I thought I had it in the bag.

And then, bam! I got the rejection email. I felt sad for a week because that editor position was what I want. But then came the consolation price: the referrals! I guess I made an impact on the interviewer after all. Not only I am a contributor to that magazine I was interviewed but another one wants me as their contributor as well. While I want to have a salaried job with health insurance and benefits, I guess I still have to start from somewhere. I hope things are going well for me this year because I have an eye on a D-SLR and a couple of lenses. And mama needs money to bring them home!

That's all for now, kids! Please send positive energy toward me because I really need things to happen as soon as possible.

Love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Also, please remember to follow my blog and  subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!