Fun with Marie Louise Restoration Clear Gel

Hi everybody,

At the end of last year, I got a chance to sample Marie Louise Restoration Clear Gel from Japan. Marie Louise Aberdein, the mother of modern beauty, created the first beauty creme in Japan to become a favorite in the Imperial Court. In 2004, Marie Louise skincare was debuted and sold only in professional spas and salons. Now, it is available online for everybody and I was very honored to try their exfoliating gel.


I have always been fascinated by Japanese skincare since Japanese people have the most beautiful skin in the world. Also, since my skin does not exfoliate itself very well, a little help goes a long way. This exfoliating gel is a novel product to me since it does not use mechanical (tiny exfoliating beads) or chemical (AHAs or BHA) exfoliators.


I pumped once to my finger
It is just a clear gel, there's nothing special about it. Or so I thought. After washing my face, I dispensed 3 pumps to cover it. After that, I massaged the gel gently to my skin. Dead skin started to slough off and mingle together...

...like this!
It was the day my skin felt congested and a lot of dead skin cells came off my face.

The whole process was interesting! The first time I used it, the dead skin cells came out in tiny balls. Once the gel dried, nothing came out anymore and I washed my face one more time to remove the gunk. The direction indicated to use 2-3 times a week but since my skin became sensitive this winter, I use once a week to maintain. After exfoliating, my skin felt smoother and more radiant.
Ingredients: water, glycerin, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium chloride, steartrimonium bromide, butylene glycol, sea salt, sea water, algae extracts, isopropyl alcohol.
Since it contains glycerin, this exfoliating gel is moisturizing. Also, isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) was included to make it vaporize faster. Sea salt, sea water, and algae extracts add a nice touch to this product and they are quite common in Japanese skincare products. It is targeted to all skin types except for sensitive skin. While my skin is still sensitive from the cold weather, I can use it once a week with gentle pressure to my skin. It is very addictive to rub harder once you see the beads forming.

The price is $51 USD for a 100ml bottle, which is not so affordable to some of us. However, a little bit goes a long way and if you use once or twice a week, a bottle does last a long time.
And now, a disclaimer: the above products were sent to me from a kind representative of Marie Louise Cosmetics for reviewing purposes. For more information, please visit Marie Louise Cosmetics website. Click here to read My Makeup Blog disclosure policy.


Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!