Lippie Week- Day 5: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm

Every once in a while I have my own phase when I like to shop and use stuff from a certain store or brand. The first phase was Target, then Old Navy and Gap. My most recent store infatuation was Victoria's Secret where I gleefully immerse myself in their pretty lingerie, clothing, and beauty product. Victoria's Secret has this more affordable beauty and makeup line called "Beauty Rush" to dedicate to the divas on the go. The products are high quality, easy to apply and small enough to be toted in your bag so you can beautify yourself while running for the deadline.

The last product of this Lippie Week installment is Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush soothing lip balm. This product is harder to find these days as I do not see it displayed on their website. If you're lucky enough, you may still find it in VS stores. During one cold winter month, my lips decided to do a 360 on me and provided me the most chapped and skin peeling lip experience ever! Before that, I rarely had chapped lips, rain or shine, hot or cold. However, during that time it was so bad that I really needed something to sooth the pain already. And Beauty Rush soothing lip balm came to help me out.

The fuchsia tint you can't miss


Inside the tin is the best lip balm I've ever used


Unlike your regular lip balm, this product provides moisture and comfort while giving you a lot of shine. Believe me, you do not need an extra layer of gloss or lipstick on top of it at all: this lip balm really enhances your natural lip color.

My lips but better :)

Ingredients (I try the best I can to read them since they're covered by the price sticker)

Hydrogenated polyisobutene, petrolatum, ozokerite, propylene glycol, dicaprylate palmitate, (2-3 ingredients I can't read), mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, menthol, tocopheril acetate, cocos nucifera (coconut oil), mineral oil, allatoin, ascorbyl palmitate, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, propylparaben, butylparaben, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)

This product does have peppermint oil to give you a swelling effect so you do not need a collagen injection to get that bee stung look. Also, peppermint lip balm is good for you if you want to get closer to somebody *wink wink* I also find this product to be a good cuticle lotion and the tin has 3 grams of balm which is plenty for you to rub on your lips and cuticles. The only bad parts of it are (a) it's in a jar so it's not really hygenic to use and (b) it has parabens. However, in a not-so-perfect world, this lip balm is one of the best products out there for chapped lips (and cuticles as well!)

So that's it, end of Lippie Week. Are you feeling a bit upset because it's over? I do too, well maybe a little bit, but I do! To recap, here are my 5 favorite lip products:

1. Sally Hansen line smoothing mineral lip treatment
2. MAC Viva Glam V lipstick
3. Avon Glazewear lipstick in Champagne Glow
4. Wet n Wild creme lip liner in #666 (or Berry Wine)
5. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush soothing lip balm

Honorary mentioned:
1. Clinique Tender Heart lipstick: it's a bit darker than VG V, scent free, and universally flattering. It's also one of my first lipsticks.
2. Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Nude Lustre: the perfect nude pink lip gloss that you can pair with smokey eyes. Better yet, this lip gloss has SPF 15.

That's all for Lippie Week. However, our day is not over. Please tune in later for a special blog entry edition :)

Ciao for now,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!