Hollywood Heat FOTD with Face Chart

Hello ladies,

How are you all doing today? I'm doing fine, considering this is my last week of freedom before school starts again. If everything goes well this semester, I may graduate soon so wish me luck y'all!

Remember my review on LORAC Hollywood Heat kit? As much fun as I have with that kit, I did not have a FOTD yet. So it's time to show the world how awesome this kit performs on me. The problem of the Hollywood Heat kit is the eye shadows did not show their colors well in the pictures although in real life they are really glamorous. Whenever I use the eyeshadows, they kind of take me back to the days when I was in California. This collection does have the West Coast vibe in it in my opinion.

The FOTD using Hollywood Heat

I thought it was a good idea to do a face chart but the problem is I do not have a template. However, she who has mad skillz can draw a face, right? Kind of, because I drew half a face just to show.
The half-face chart, drawn by moi

Detail on the eyes, I did not know how to draw lashes (boo!)

The eye, up close and personal

Closed eye
In case you're wondering, the red dot was a zit (double boo!)

On the eyes, I...
  • applied the lighter color all over the eyelid using a MAC 239 brush
  • applied the darker color on the outer-v and contour the crap out of it using a blending brush (I'm serious about "the crap" part, because that's how I apply my eyeshadows!)
  • applied the lightest color underneath the brow bone
  • line my eyes with MAC Teddy eye kolh, a lovely brown eye liner or liquid eyeliner like I did in the close ups
  • apply 2 coats of mascara and done!
On the cheeks:
  • applied Hot blush to the apple of my cheeks, this color is very pigmented so go lightly
  • contour my face with Spicy and blend the two colors well.
On my lips: Tropical mocktail lip gloss

This kit does give me that glow so for those who are sleep-deprived, please run to Sephora and get one of this before it's sold out! I think I'll use it more during the school year as well since the colors are neutral but fun to use. Also, blending with LORAC eyeshadows is extremely fun as they glide like silk!

That's all for today. I hope you're having a productive week ahead.

Take care,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: My review on the Hollywood Heat kit is here. Read all about it!