The Most Pigmented Red Lipstick I Have: Sweet Cherry by 2B

Hi everyone,

I'm a closet red lipstick lover. This blog pretty much documents my journey of wandering into the area of the reds. The journey began here where I got my first red lipstick from NYX, applied it, took a look at myself and said "Wow, I look...beautiful!" Since then, I didn't stop and I have accumulated quite a few red lipsticks. You witnessed my last handy work with a new red lipstick here not so long ago and let me tell you, that red is gorgeous!

The lipstick is called "Sweet Cherry" from 2B Cosmetics. It was a gift from my aunt in Belgium. I've been looking for more information about this company. Except for the website, I got none. While the lipstick itself is made in Italy, I believe 2B is a Belgian brand. So far, my Sherlockian detective work stopped there and I wasn't even able to find the price of this lipstick!

But anyways, that was all the trouble I got. Here are some pictures of the product:


The lipstick is housed in a cute metal case but it feels light. I think the company is trying to reach to a younger crowd by having a bright pink cap but don't let the packaging fool you. This is the most pigmented red lipstick I have ever owned.


For some reasons, I couldn't get the color right. In real life, the lipstick looks dark red without any brown pigments
Lip swatch: I applied 1 sheer coat and it looked like this. I'm tellin' ya, this lipstick has some insane pigmentation!
After I wiped it away, there's still a rosy stain on my lips
I couldn't help myself but pulling out some of the reds I have and compare with Sweet Cherry


(L-R): NYX Gardenia, NYC Retro Red, 2B Sweet Cherry, Revlon Fire & Ice, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi, Revlon Siren
Skin swatch
NYX Gardenia, NYC Retro Red, 2B Sweet Cherry, Revlon Fire & Ice, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi, Revlon Siren
 You see, NYC Retro Red and Revlon Fire & Ice used to be my two go-to reds because of the intensity. In fact, I didn't think there could be a red lipstick that's redder than Fire & Ice. I was wrong. Sweet Cherry is one heck of a red lipstick. The pigmentation is off the chart and to couple with the fact that it is really creamy for a matte lipstick, I think this one is a winner!

The lasting power is quite decent, thanks to the stains. I could eat a meal and still have some colors on my lips. However, my lips felt dry after I removed this lipstick. To be honest, I don't think you can go lightly on this lipstick: once you apply it, you have a really intense red color on your lips already. Unlike the other reds I have, I don't even need to apply a second coat. Maybe half a coat is all I need :)

However, I love the versatility of this lipstick. I can apply a coat, wipe it away just to get a stain, and apply gloss on top. The stained lips last quite long and the only way to remove it is with an oil-base makeup remover (or a greasy meal!)

Overall, I love Sweet Cherry by 2B Cosmetics. I just hope that there's more information about this company out there. So far, I know 2B is available in some European countries and probably is a drugstore brand. Maybe it's a small new company. My dear European readers, if you can enlighten me on 2B Cosmetics, I highly appreciate it!

With love,
Dao xoxo


P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!