What Really Happened at MMB Testing Center

Hi everyone,

For the almost 4 years since I started blogging here, I have tried countless products before reviewing them and only the ones that meet my standards get to be showcased here. Like many aspects of my life, I'm quite picky when it comes to posting product reviews. After all, you read the review, you buy the product, you end up not liking it and who are you going to blame? While it's not likely that the blogger gets the share but somehow, I do feel responsible for my reviews and as the years go by, I thrive to do my best to give you the best sense of how a certain product is going to work.

With all that said, sometimes you need to kiss a gazillion frogs before finding a prince. And then hoping the prince doesn't turn into a frog. Yeah, yeah, it's all metaphorical but here's what happened during my latest test drive, aka Frog Kissing number one bazillion and fifty three (ok, I didn't actually keep track of how many products I've reviewed but it's been a lot!) This involves a rather famous product from Japan: the Biore Pore Strips. And here's how I got Frog Kissing number one bazillion and fifty three stuck on my nose.

Biore Pore Strips, Vietnamese edition
 Actually, the only thing Vietnamese about this is the packaging. The rest was hailed from Japan. I remember using the pore strips for the first time when I was 19. I was too chicken to peel it back so I let my friend do it. Then, we were fascinated at the gunk pulled out from my nose. I remember stroking at them and cooed, "Ooh, look at the gunk, look at the gunk! You wanna touch it?"

Yeah, that was fascinating indeed! But then, that was a long time ago. Back then, the thing was dry and hard and felt like papier mache on my nose. When I saw the new and improved pore strips at the supermarket, I had to buy. Surprisingly, this stuff is cheap over here ($1 USD for a pack of 5 strips.) They also have the scented version and male oriented for men as well. I went with the regular unscented version.

Good ole direction
Pore strip looks like so
Me posing with the pore strip. Hand placing in an artsy position to cover the zit :)
I followed the instruction to a T: wet nose slightly, peeled the strip, placed on nose, check internet for 10-15 minutes for the papier mache feeling to kick in. And then, Murphy's law happened. That feeling never came! So I waited longer. Nope, still no crunchy papier mache on my nose.

At this point, I got anxious. I mean, this was the last strip I had in the box. I used 4 of them before, the all worked and gave me the pleasure of cooing at my gunk. So why didn't this one work?

With one swift and painful move, I tore off the strip and it felt like me tearing a wet bandage of my skin. Painful. No gunk came out and lots of gluey residues on my nose. What had happened?

Then, I remember the weather. I was sweating profusely and the sweat kept the strip moist all the time. No wonder why my last pore strip did not work. Stripping unaccomplished!

So, the lessons learned from today's episode of MMB Test Kitchen are: (a) the pore strips work, but not in extreme humidity; (b) covering the zit with your hand is the best option when it comes to picture taking time; (c) as tempting as it sounds, don't go around showing people the gunk from your nose. It's disgusting!

That's all for today's broadcasting on My Makeup Blog. I know the blog doesn't look good right now as I am finding ways to make it look gorgeous in the near future. Also, thank you for your support!

Love,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!