How to Remove Glittery Nail Polish

Hi everyone,


Do you love glittery nail polish? I do, I do, I love it very much! It sparkles, it shines, it makes my nails look very interesting. However, there's a downside to every bling: glittery nail polish are too tough to remove! As much as I tried removing them, there would be some tiny little flecks that did not want to come off. Grr!

But don't fret. You live, you learn. After wearing and removing so many layers of glittery nail polishes later, I have come up with a fail-proof method that does not make me mad when it comes to removing glittery nail polishes. I hope this trick will save you a lot of pain in the future, too.

Here's how you do it:

1. Soak a cotton pad with nail polish remover:
No, I didn't say dab, I said soak. Really soak it in, sistah! Don't skimp on the nail polish remover at all.

2. Have some pieces of tin foil/saran wrap nearby. We're gonna need it.

3. Place the cotton pad on top of your nail, then use tin foil/saran wrap to wrap around the pad, the tighter the better. Personally, I prefer saran wrap as I can get a tight wrap.

4. Repeat to the rest of the nails and wait for 5 minutes. Or go scare the kids and cats if you want to :)

5. Remove the tin foil/saran wrap and gently wipe away the glittery nail polish. It should come out easily. After removing the nail polish on all of your fingers, wash your hands and voila, you're done!

The only downside of this method is the dryness. Your cuticles and nails are going to feel like being on fire. So, once you're done washing your hands, moisturize well and if possible, wear cotton gloves and go to bed. I guess the dryness is one of the reasons I don't wear sparkly nail polishes that often anymore. However, it's still fun to do so once in a while.

That's all for now, me lovelies! If you have any other advanced Jedi tricks on how to remove glittery nail polishes, please let me know.

Have a lovely day,
Dao xoxo

P.S: Please show your support by following my blog and  subscribing to my feed. Thanks a lot!