Battle Against Fat with Zumba

Hi everybody,

So, today's post feels like a deja-vu, doesn't it? At the beginning of last year, I started a battle against fat with Jillian Michaels's "30 Day Shred." Somewhere around day 5, I failed. No, scratch that. I got sick and all things came to an end.

Since then, I realized my pattern: I either get sick or get bored before I stopped exercising. Also, the longest amount of time I constantly worked out was 3 months. Then, for some mysterious reasons, I just stopped.

Entered my cousin and her persistent persuasive power. One day, she told me, "Dao, you need to try Zumba. It's really a lot of fun!"


I gave her this look: o_O and gave her a bunch of excuses: I can't dance, I don't like dancing, I am more of a yoga type person, yada yada yada.

But did I tell you she's persistent? Well, she gave me a 11-DVD collection and let them do the talking. I played the step-by-step DVD and to my amazement, I enjoyed zumba. The first try, I did 1/2 hr and the back of my t-shirt was soaked. The next day, I did 1hr of that same disc and the whole shirt was soaked with sweat. Wow!

Now, I just finished day 3 of zumba. Unlike the other step exercises, Zumba is not so complicated. The instructors explain the steps well enough for me to copy (and I do have 2 left feet and have no rhythm whatsoever!) I could follow the whole thing and had fun doing it. Most of all, it does not feel like exercising at all. I like it.

So, here is my goal: to work out with Zumba 5 times a week for the next 100 days. Since I already started 3 days ago, this exercise trek will end on November 7th, 2011.

Each week, I am going to report my progress. It's time to get fit once and for all. Are you with me?

Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!