Rockstar FOTD with Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. 3 Palette!

Hi everybody,

Finally, after months of admiring the beauty of Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. 3, I gathered enough courage to do a FOTD. To create this look, I incorporated Rockstar, a dark purple color, with Smog and Suspects, two neutral eye shadows. It's pretty much my neutral smokey eyes with a purple twist and I have to say, I looked kinda smolder in this FOTD

Rockstar FOTD
Wanna know how I did it? Jump!



First of all, the other stuff:
Brushes: ELF Studio powder brush, ELF Professional eyeshadow brush, MAC 217, and Coastal Scents slanted eyeshadow brush
Eyeliner: Wet n Wild chubby eyeliner in Pixie and MAC Blacktrack
Face: NYC blushable creme stick in Pink Flash, ELF Studio blush in Gotta Glow, and Shu Uemura blush in P Brown 76
MAC Studio Sculp in NW20, Bare Minerals Matte foundation in Medium Beige and Original Mineral Veil
Neutrogena lipstick in Just Whisper and ELF 2 in 1 conditioning gloss in Bedazzled
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Blackest Black
UD BoS vol. 3 palette
I used both eyeliners and UDPP
Colors I used for this look: 1. Rockstar, 2. Smog, 3. Suspect, and 4. Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
The final look with the ring I got from Claire's
How to create the look:

  • Eyes: apply UDPP to your eyelids, use the eyeshadow brush to apply Rockstar close to the lash line, blend it out with MAC 217. Using the same brush, layer Smog on top and blend it with Rockstar. Then, pick up Suspect and blend it on top of Smog. (This is what I call the layering system. When in doubt, do it this way. You can't go wrong!) Line upper lash line with Zero and lower lash line with Ransom. Highlight inner corner of your eyes with Pixie, then apply Midnight Cowboy Rides again to the same area. Highlight with Gotta Glow, then curl your lashes and apply mascara.
  • Face: apply your primer of choice before blending out foundation using ELF Studio powder brush. Conceal blemishes and dark circles, then set your foundation and concealer with the mineral veil, using the same powder brush. Apply Pink Flash to your cheeks, blend it out with your fingers before applying Shu Uemura blush to your cheeks, using the same powder brush. Highlight with Gotta Glow.
  • Lips: layer Bedazzled on top of Just Whispers
I'm sorry there's no close-ups of the eyes in this FOTD. My camera is very naughty when I take close-ups of neutral eye shadows. I do need a new camera, btw. I'm thinking between Canon S95 and G12.

What do you think about this look? I love this UD palette: the eye shadows are a joy to work with and the pencils glide very smoothly. Also, the Pink Flash/P Brown 76 is my favorite blush combo. When you layer a powder blush on top of a creme blush, they last a lot longer. However, both the NYC and Shu blushes are very pigmented so please use a light hand and blend well.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!