Best of 2010: FOTDs

Hi everybody,

To continue our "Best of" series, today's post is all about the faces of the days (FOTDs.) This year, I've been more diligent in creating makeup looks. However, I find myself veering more toward neutral looks as I get older. These looks are fool-proof and classy. Once in a while, I crave for colors and do some bright looks. The looks in this post are the ones I am very proud of. I hope you will enjoy a recap of my favorite FOTDs as well.

My Makeup Blog's Top Faces of the Days


Guess what? I did the sultry!
I took a page out of Angelina Jolie's look book and had a blast with it. By far, this is my most favorite smokey eyes with red lips look. Read more about it here :)

It took me a couple of attempts to nail this look down but so far, "The Time Traveler's Wife" look is one of my favorite neutral makeup looks I've done this year. Also, if you haven't gotten MAC Amber Lights in your stash, I urge you to get it. That color is awesome!
More about this look here :)
Three more looks after the jump. So jump!
3. Cut the Crease Drama-a-Rama FOTD

I am particularly proud of this look because it signifies a landmark in my makeup prowess. For years, I tried to do a cut a crease look and failed. Then, finally, it dawned on me that I can do it but I have to cut it a bit lower since I'm monolid and all. This look works out beautifully and I also got a chance to use my MAC eye brushes trifecta (217, 219, and 266.)
Click here to read more!

I don't know why this look is at number 4. It should be number 1. Nobody can do a lazier smokey eyes look than this! If you do, please let me know :)
Also, did you notice anything different? Yup, this was after I cut 12 inches of my hair off my head, y'all.
More about this look here. It will save you a lot of time!

This is a look originated from a Michelle Phan's YouTube video. I particularly enjoyed the blending process. Also, I wonder why I didn't do so many purple looks before.
More details here. I used a whole lot of brushes just to create this one look.
Since y'all are good boys and girls, we have a bonus look:

You can call this cheating since I posted this look last week but I just started using Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. 3! The eye shadows glide like a dream and I had fun mixing neutrals with dark purple.
Click here for more details. My friend Sooji happens to like this look :)
That's all for now. I hope you like the looks I chose as well as the ones I've done throughout the year.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!