Two ViDerm Skincare Products to Brighten Your Skin

Hi everybody,

During the summer, Emily, a fellow beauty blogger from Groomed L.A hooked me up with two skincare products from ViDerm. If you are not familiar with ViDerm, perhaps the word "ViPeel" may jump start your brain. The Vitality Peel, or ViPeel, was created by Dr. Kalil of the Vitality Institute to take years off your face. It is a strong facial peel that can remove the dead skin cells on your face in pieces. The ViDerm skincare line was created to maintain your skin in between peels.

With all that said, I have never had a real facial peel before. The closest I've got was using a L'Oreal kit with salicylic acid to clear up my zits. However, the ViPeel is not a pre-requisite to use the two awesome skincare below to lighten up my skin from the dark spots I have from many previous crops of acne.

The first product I use is the Clear Skin Brightener. It is free of hydroquinone and the brightening power relies on a mixture of retinyl palmitate, kojic acid, azelaic acid, arbutin, and licorice extract. It also has aloe vera extract and hyaluronic acid to moisturize your skin.
ViDerm Clear Skin Brightener ($65)
The second product I received is the Vitamin C 20% Serum (the bottle said "gel" while the website lists it as a serum.) With 1 fluid ounce of product, it has less product than the skin brightener, which contains 1.75 fl. oz. This is a highly concentrated vitamin C serum. To ensure its potency, the antioxidant is enveloped in cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, and cyclomethicone.
ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum ($88)
These two products are in air-tight bottles, which is a good idea. Since both creams have antioxidants, the air-tight containers will prevent them from being oxidized and lose its potency.
(L-R) ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum and Clear Skin Brightener
The Clear Skin Brightener is a yellowish lotion that smells like tangerine. It is light-weight and absorbs quickly to my skin. It does fade dark spots slowly over time. I gave it a month and the dark marks I had from old acne scars faded to almost unnoticeable. When I use it with the vitamin C serum, the lightening effect is amplified.
A small amount of ViDerm Clear Skin Brightener
The Vitamin C serum is a little bit strange to get used to. Since the vitamin C is stabilized in methicones, the texture is a bit slippery and does not feel quite absorbing. To me, it actually makes my skin feel wet, which is strange for a product that contains so much methicones. This serum can also be used around the eyes as a moisturizer. I find my eye makeup to slip when I go too heavy with the serum. With all the methicones in the formula, the Vitamin C 20% serum is a nice facial primer to my mineral foundation. However, it is quite expensive to be used solely as a primer.
A drop of ViDerm Vitamin C 20% Serum
The Clear Skin Brightener and the Vitamin C 20% Serum from ViDerm did brighten up the dark spots on my face. However, the only complaint I have is they do not prevent new zits from popping up. Also, layering two products on my face can be quite heavy during the summer. I am still working on a skincare sequence to prevent new blemishes while erasing old dark pigmentations on my face.

Last but not least, when using brightening products, it is a good idea to use sunscreens during the daytime. Otherwise, you are going to sabotage all the progress your skincare has been doing. Or even worse, you can get some nasty sunburn if your skincare products have exfoliating agents such as retinol or hydroxy acids.

Disclaimer: the products were provided for PR purposes. The experience and opinion, however, are mine. Skincare is a personal experience. What works for me may not work for you.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!