Glows and Glee!

Hi everybody,

Nope, we're not talking about Glee the show today. The purpose of this post is to keep you updated with what going on since Thanksgiving. Of course, you already know what happened to Belly the cat during Thanksgiving day. What happened to him next was very similar: he ate turkey, he passed out. Rinse, wash,  repeat.


 Thia year's spread is a lot smaller since the number of participants are also a lot less. I managed to cook everything in under 2 hours since I put the turkey breast in the pressure cooker. After the stopper jiggles, I left it inside for 20 minutes (5 minutes per pound.) Then, I let it rest and before eating, I put the whole thing under the broiler for a couple of minutes so the skin would crisp up nicely.

 It's borderline brown but still, the turkey was delish. Don't believe me? Ask Belly :)

Stuffing
 This year, I made stuffing from scratch with whole wheat toast, turkey broth, and The Trinity. If you are not from the South, the Trinity is the mixture of chopped onion, celery, and green bell pepper. I sauteed it with a tiny dash of salt and add to the toast/broth/egg mixture before baking for 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It turned out a lot more delicious than I thought!

Roasted veggies, 'nuff said!
Corn, "baked" sweet potato, and gravy
I'm the queen of corn, btw. I sauteed a little bit of onions and then cook the corn until tender. Needless to say, I had only a tiny bit of leftover. The "baked" sweet potato was cooked with a pressure cooker. Somehow, the thought of zapping the sweet potatoes under excruciating heat brings glee to my life. The sweet potatoes came out sweet and tender under 5 minutes. I only used a fork to fluff it up, so easy!

The gravy does not have any starch. I used the blender to mix sauteed onions and garlic, cooked celery, and turkey broth together until smooth. Delicious!


Here's a video of El Gato Supremo after passing out the third time. This time around, he actually refused to eat turkey. Please don't feel bad for him. That cat had a field day and he would not refuse turkey or chicken if only his stomach was so full.

On the other note:
I won NaNoWriMo!
Nope, I didn't write all of them in one day. That would be insane and ridiculous! However, I managed not to upload my word count until I passed 50,000 words yesterday. I decided to hold back because we do have a word war with another region and for us to look like we were slacking off would probably make our competitor think we did. Since we have about 40 people less, all of my writing buddies are working very hard to win this battle. I know it's silly but we've been losing for the last couple of years so we are doing everything we could to win this year.

Now that I'm off NaNoWriMo, my life will resume to its normalcy again. First order of business: cleaning the apartment. Then, I will get some rest and continue writing until the end of the month. The goal is not to write in November but to write frequently.

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!