For Audrey by China Glaze Gets Me Compliments

Hi everybody,

Have you heard the news? Recently, a set of 10 rare Audrey Hepburn stamps were auctioned. The winning bid was 430,00 euros (606,000 US dollars!) Unbelievable! The detail of why the stamps are so rare is here.

The detail of the stamp before the auction started.
Source
Why I don't have 430,000 euros to bid on the stamps, I do have a bottle of nail polish that commemorate Audrey Hepburn in her famous role of Holly Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Yes, I'm talking about China Glaze's For Audrey.

China Glaze "For Audrey"
While I bought this nail polish three months ago, I failed to take pictures of it. You see, I am a klutz when it comes to painting cream nail polish. I would either mess it up or leave huge streaks on my nails. So far, I have worn it three times and the last time, I was finally successful at obtaining the pictures.

The light turquoise of For Audrey is the closest resemblance of Tiffany's signature blue color on their jewelry boxes. Of course, it cannot be the same color as Tiffany's holds the rights to their blue.

Bottle with nails :)
Nails with bottle
This color took me a little bit to get used to. On my toes, it is an excellent color for summer. It is bright and cheerful. I can't help but smile and think about the beach whenever I wear it. On my fingers, they are a little bit bright but so far, it is the most commented color since I started wearing nail polish again.

The juice of For Audrey is thick and one coat is enough for my nails. Since I only need one coat, I am not afraid of streaks that usually cause by the second coat at all. Also, the brush is fat and wide, which makes painting fast and easy. The nail polish dries fast and is shiny. With a reliable base coat, it can last a week and beyond. Currently, I am using a new base coat and I have not seen even tip wear after a week. On my toes, this nail polish can last forever or until I remove it. For some reasons, China Glaze nail polishes remind me of car paint.

After For Audrey was released, it was immediately sold out. On eBay, it was seen at $100 at some point. However, you can save your pretty dollars and get it at Sally Beauty for $5.99 ($4.49 if you have the membership card.)

I love this nail color very much. As I'm writing this, For Audrey is on all of my fingers and toes. This is a rare event since I don't wear the same color on my hands and feet. But For Audrey is so special and pretty, I couldn't help it!

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!