So Not Cool

So, after a week of running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I finally got a cold. Although it sounds like I am asking for it, I am not. I hate being sick, it makes me feel needy. And since I don't have anybody around to act out, I am going to manifest my neediness online.

I wish I could say I felt a cold coming. In retrospect, I might. It was a strange feeling as I came home from the library on Saturday. It was as if all the energy drained out of my body. As I collapsed into my bed, I also felt a little bit depressed. I blamed it on something else, a phone call that didn't go well.

Sunday morning came. I woke up and felt the whole room swirling around me. "Oh boy," I thought, "I'm having a cold." Then I ran to the bathroom to puke. Nothing but a little bit of liquid came out. My stomach was empty. I am really having this cold. And you know what the funny thing is? I actually felt cold. It was like little shivers running up and down my body.

I had enough energy left to boil me some water, grate some ginger, and made a ginger tea. I found some cold medicine, took two pills as instructed with the hot ginger tea, and passed out. When I woke up again, the woozy feeling was not there anymore but it felt like I have rocks on my brain.

So no, this is not cool. Not cool at all. I conjured enough energy to go grocery shopping because there's nothing worse than being starved when having a cold. Besides, my ginger supply was running low.

Now, I'm sweating bucket as I'm typing this. My head still hurts. I hate having a cold. But again, I don't get sick that often. But still, I hate it.

Here's a cold remedy for those who might need it. As my mom always says, have some ginger and lemon available. You may never know when you'll need it. Jump and learn more.


Hot Ginger Lemonade: a Cold Remedy

What you need: some ginger root, preferably the size of your thumb; half a lemon or lime (use more if you want a sour drink); hot water; some honey (or sugar); a pinch of salt.

How to make it:

  • Boil some water (1-1.5 cups)
  • Grate, smash, or thinly chop your ginger root to a pulp. Since I have a grater, I prefer the first method. It's a lot easier. Make sure you get about a tablespoon of grated ginger (more if you want a really hot drink.)
  • Squeeze the lemon into a cup, add your grated ginger, then pour water all over them. Add honey or sugar to sweeten it, then add a pinch of salt.

Usually, I would wait a couple of minutes to get the ginger essence steep out. Also, I don't want to drink a scalding hot lemonade. Then, I would be very brave and drink the whole thing.

Now, here's a word of warning: it burns and I'm not kidding. If you're not a spicy eater, you will get the greatest burn of your life. However, my mom chugged this down my throat since I was five so I have no problem drinking it. I prefer to take my cold medicine with water afterwards and go to sleep. Whatever ailment you have, this hot ginger lemonade will knock it out of you after you wake up.

Repeat as many times as needed. You will feel better in no time.

If you have stomachache, grated ginger with hot water and a pinch of salt works wonder, too. Again, just be really brave and chug it down your throat. You will feel better in no time.

So let me go and take another nap before my med wears off. Belly is fine but confused. He wants to play with me but I can't. I don't want him to have a kitty cold. He's kind of sad when I told him I could not play with him. But still, he ate his cat food though. That cat is an enigma sometimes.

Also, please check out my friend Trisha's new e-book called "30 Day Ultimate Beauty Makeover." It is a very interesting and informative book. Until September 15th, the book is available for downloading at $8 USD. After that, it will go up to $13 USD. I will do a review of this book as soon as I get better. This cold had better go away!

Photobucket P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!