Chic Orchid FOTD

Hi everybody,

I'm so sorry for the delay, it's raining cats and dogs today! For today's post, I am going to put some of Formula D's eye shadows to work. With mineral makeup, seeing the swatch is one thing and getting them to work is another. I wore these eye shadows for more than 10 hours with rubbing my eyes and crying in between. At the end of the night (around midnight), they still looked vibrant.

The look.

I tried to look fierce but obviously it didn't work :)

What I used


    • Eye shadows: Pink Bunny, Isis, Belle, Bella, and Ink.
    • Blush: Lotus
    • Powder: The Ultimate Powder
    • Foundation (coming soon to your favorite Etsy shop!): Dao's shade
    • Eyeshadow Primer: Art Deco eyeshadow primer
    • Eyeliner: MAC Blacktrack (upper lash line), Wet n Wild Idol Eyes liner in Pixie
    • Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam VI SE (the one with Fergie)
    • Various face and eye brushes

    Eyes

    • Apply Belle from the inner corner of your eyes to 2/3 of your eyes using ELF eyeshadow brush.
    • Using the same brush, apply Isis to the outer 1/3 of your eyes and blend with Belle to blur the edge
    • Emphasize the outer-v with Ink using EcoTools crease brush, blend lightly
    • With the same brush already wiped clean, pick up Pink Bunny and apply to the crease for an extra sheen.
    • Using EcoTools highlight brush, apply Pink Bunny to the inner 1/4 of your eyes on top of Belle for a extra glow
    • With the same brush, apply Bella to the area underneath the brow bone to highlight.
    • With an eyeliner brush, apply Blacktrack to your upper eyelash, as close to the lash line as possible, and wing out at the end.
    • Optional: use Pixie to line your lower lashline to make your eyes look more awake.
    • Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara
    Semi-close eye
    Face
    • With ELF Studio Powder brush, apply The Ultimate Powder to your face
    • Apply your mineral foundation to your face, using the same brush
    • To blur pores and minimize shine, apply The Ultimate Powder on top of your foundation to set it

    Cheeks
    • With Sonia Kashuk flat top blush brush, apply Lotus to your cheeks
    • Use StudioTools dual fiber brush to apply Bella as a highlighter to an area higher than your cheekbone for an extra glow.
    Lips
    • Apply MAC Viva Glam VI SE to your lips and if you want a shiner pout, add lip gloss on top

    And that's how we do it!
    I wore a pair of earrings my friend Sooji gave me. It fits this look very well. If you noticed carefully, I experimented something different with my eyes: I drew a tiny triangle at the inner corner of my eyes to make them look more pointed. It looks strange in real life but in film, it does not look so bad. I don't know if I like it. The triangles just look different, I guess.

    I hope you'll have a wonderful weekend. If you haven't visited my shop yet, please take a look. I hope seeing how these colors work will motivate you to support my shop :) I really really hope so!

    Legal stuff:  This post contains links of products at my Etsy shop, Formula D Minerals. I either own or paid money for all products used in this post. For more information about My Makeup Blog's disclosure policy, click here.

    Photobucket

    P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!