Day to Night: FOTD and FOTN

Hi ladies,

How are you doing today? I'm doing fine and happy to bundle up a bit. For many days, the Sunshine state was warm and sunny while the rest of the states suffered from severe weather conditions. Now the weather finally caught up with us and yesterday it dipped down to 50-something degree Fahrenheit! From 80 degrees F down to 50-ish degree F was a big jump for us and yours truly shivered her skinny butt up last night. But things are going to change for folks living in this neck of the woods as it's going to get warmer as we get closer to Christmas. Nice, right?

Since niceness is in the air, I decided to do something extra different today: I'm posting 2 faces- a FOTD (face of the day) and a FOTN (face of the night.) Although you've seen a lot of FOTDs here, I've never done a FOTN before. So here's a real treat for you. In the spirit of the holiday season, I know lots of you are hopping from party to party and may not have time to strip off your makeup to do another different face for the night time party. The FOTN actually is an improvisation of the FOTD with some minor changes.

Are you ready? Let's go!

Part 1: FOTD
The look is fresh and easy, very appropriate for the office.
On the side note, look how great my skin is!

How to do it:

Face:
  • Laura Geller Welcome Matte as a primer
  • Silk Naturals regular foundation
  • Everyday Minerals silk dust (RIP! It went to mineral makeup heaven a while ago!)
Eyes: uber simple!

It looks like a lot of work to look this natural, right?
WRONG!
  • Apply Bare Canvas paint pot all over the lid with your finger (or synthetic brush)
  • Apply Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush luminous shadow in Laguna Peach on your eyelid and blend with a MAC 239 brush (if VS already RIP Laguna Peach, you can substitute with any peach color. Stila Kittens is nice as well!)
  • Apply a thin layer of dark brown eyeshadow near the lash line and use a MAC 219 pencil brush to soften up the line.
  • Using a MAC 266 or any synthetic slanted eye brush, apply fluidline (or any gel eyeliner) to your lash line. I used Coastal Scents gel eyeliner in Navy Blue
Cheeks: apply your favorite pink blush you have and blend well.

Lips: use Avon glazewear lipstick in Champagne Glow on your lips. No lip gloss necessary, glazewear is that awesome!

Another picture of the look


Part 2: FOTN


The look


Although I looked like a different animal, there were minor tweaks in the makeup to transform me from day to night. I keep the eye makeup and blush the same for the night look. If we play "Spot the Difference", the pronounced one probably is the lips. Changing from a nude lip to a red lip really brought everything out. Of course you can choose to wear a different color but red is the fastest and effortless way to give you that chic look. In this look, I resorted to my favorite red lipstick: NYX Gardenia! The other add-on is a pair of falsies!


While keeping the eye makeup the same, adding a pair of false eyelashes really brings my eyes out and changes how they look.


It's a free pair of Sephora lashes that I mentioned in this post


I was really surprised of the change. This picture was taken at night and I think I was yelling "My eyes, my eyes!" to the mirror!


"And remember kids, eat your vegetable!", or
"And remember children, don't drink and drive!"


With a pair of false lashes and a red lipstick, you can transform your everyday look from day to night. If you don't wear falsies, applying a lot of mascara also makes your eyes look more dramatic. If you don't like red lipsticks, you should give it a try! It's a lot of fun wearing red, especially during this time of the year.


That's all for today, my dear ladies. Please stay warm and gorgeous!


With love,
Your Makeup Blogger

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!